Generally, I think that the photos are OK, however I think there is still a lot of room for improvement with both the original photographs and the Photoshop images I have created myself.
Firstly, starting with the original photographs. The majority of the photographs that were taken of myself include other features in the background. The features include small things such as a light switch as well as taking the photograph from the wrong angle and ending up with the door which was located next to the plain white sheet as the background. Although it is not entirely my fault that this happened as I didn't take the photographs, but I could have made the photographer aware that this would happen as I was able to see where they were stood whilst taking the photographs.
I think the two images I have created by putting myself in a different location are OK, but there is room for improvement. The main reason for them not looking as good as they could is because of my lack of skill when it comes to using Adobe Photoshop. With better knowledge of Photoshop tools and a bit more experiment time I think that there could be some potential to create professional looking images.
<< This is the first image I editted on Photoshop. I have placed myself in the middle of an Italian rugby training session for a few reasons. Firstly, the kit I am wearing closely resembles the kit that the Italians in the original image are wearing. As well as this, the position of myself in the photo that was taken during our shoot doesn't look unusual in the location I have chosen to put myself in and the picture looks typical of an action shot of a rugby player passing the ball. Finally, it was not too difficult to remove the Italian player who was located originally in the position I am located in the final edited image.

<<This is the second image I have edited using Adobe Photoshop has the intended concept of the image I was going for, however there are a few mistakes / problems with the image. The concept of the image is to replicate the model pose rugby players strike when having a shoot to advertise their teams new kit. These types of photographs are found in magazines such as 'Rugby World' and on websites such as the teams official website and official stockists of the teams replica kit.
The first problem with this image is that the proportions of myself in the image are not correct as I need to be slightly wider, however this is an easy mistake to rectify on Photoshop. As well as this, the background is similar to the one I was looking for, however I am not 100% happy with it.
I like this image because it is very realistic and looks as if I am just about to pass the ball, very much like a typical action shot taken during a rugby match. However, there are a few things wrong with the photograph that has been taken. Firstly, I am not stood completely in front of the white canvas and you can see the door frame and the fire safety sign. As well as this you can see very large shadows which could be prevented by positioning the lights slightly differently. Finally, part of my leg has been cut off vertically, which made it difficult for me to put myself into another location as I had to find somewhere where this would not show up and look odd.

I like this photograph because it looks like I have looked straight into the camera intentionally to give an element of seriousness to the image like in the photographs that you see printed in magazines and shown on line. Despite this, there is room for improvement. The blank white canvas was not high enough to cover the air conditioning unit which has lead to it making a feature in the photograph. I also think the camera is slightly too steep as my head looks very small in proportion to the rest of my body.

I like this photograph because it looks like I am performing an authentic movement that would be seen on a rugby pitch, despite the photograph being taken in a class room instead at the side of a rugby pitch. As well as this, there is not much going on in the background, which is good as I had the intention of placing myself in a different location and this would have made the editing process on Photoshop much easier. However, with good things comes bad. Unfortunately, there is a small patch in the top right of the photograph that has been captured which wasn't covered by the white sheet. Although it is small, it is still something that could have been avoided in the shoot. Furthermore, the background is not busy with dark objects, but there is a dark shadow in the photograph which could have been avoided by moving the camera angle of the lighting itself. Finally, I think this photograph would be much better to work with when put into a different location if the subject was full length. There are not many, if any, photographs of hookers on a rugby field throwing the ball into play which only show one third of the players body. If the photograph had captured at least half of my body, I would have been able to use this photograph much more easily when putting the subject into a different location.
No comments:
Post a Comment